Shanxi 500TPH Basalt Crushing Project
Input Size: >750mm
Output Size: 0-5mm、5-12mm、12-24mm、24-31mm、31-40mm
Application: High Railway, High Way, concrete mixing station
Basalt crushing is never an easy thing because it is characterized by rigidity, high strength and high abrasive resistance. So customers are often confronted with various problems during operation. Similarly, for basalt crushing, this customer met some troubles when using the spring cone crushers, hammer crushers and impact crushers purchased from other companies. For example:
1. 90% of finished products, produced by spring cone crusher, were flat-elongated particles, which are unsuitable for the construction of mixing plant, expressway and high-speed railway.
2. Taking hammer crushers and impact crushers as the main machines to crush basalt damaged not only the spare parts but also the machines themselves, triggering higher production costs and longer downtime.
As a result, to help this customer solve the problems, ZENITH equipped its production line with 2 HST Single Cylinder Hydraulic Cone Crusher on the basis of abundant experience in basalt crushing. After the production line was put into operation, the finished products have good granularity and gets popular among markets.
Transformation --- Analysis of Previous Production Line
1. Hammer crusher and impact crusher are suitable for soft materials. So when they are used to crush the hard materials like basalt, they are easy to be damaged and to lead higher production costs.
2. Traditional spring cone crusher is suitable for basalt crushing. But, its working principle--- crushing materials by squeezing inevitably brings some problems including low efficiency, over-abrasion and unsatisfying shape.
1. Displace the Machines
Considering the conditions of previous machines, ZENITH's engineers replaced the low efficient crushers and took modes of multi-stage screening.
2. Improve the Production Technology of Crushing Production Line
PLC intelligent operation system and dust collector were taken to ensure efficient and eco-friendly production line.
Since operation, the basalt crushing production line has been stable. The fine finished products are popular though the prices are higher.
Traditional Cone Crusher VS Single Hydraulic Cone Crusher
1. Working Principle
Different from traditional cone crusher, single hydraulic cone crusher takes lamination crushing which can achieve not only collision between materials and the plates but also the collision among materials.
High content of needle-like materials in concrete must exert a negative impact on strength of concrete. The ideal shape shall be cubic. For granularity, content of needle-like materials produced by traditional cone crusher is as high as 15% while by HST single cylinder cone crusher below 8%.
3. Crushing Efficiency
Lamination crushing boasts high efficiency. It can be ascribed to the formation of material layers. The squeeze among dense materials can achieve efficient crushing effect.
4. Wear of Plates
Traditional cone crusher incurs terrible abrasion easily because of its crushing mode while the lamination crushing mode took by HST single cylinder cone crusher only has a slight impact on wear of plates.